Tuesday, November 15, 2011

So that happened

Call it a tipping point, or an 'aha' moment, or just that time where you mutter "ohhh ... that's how it's supposed to be."

Well something hit me.

I woke up this morning with an obscure memory lingering in my mind. I was a child, dressed in a faded 3/4 t-shirt sporting my mopish auburn hair, proudly whipping through a dense forest at top speed. The wilderness blazing by, my arms flailing, and feeling that my lips were forming the purest smile.

Living in the moment - and loving it.

So what the hell happened to me? When did I start limping through days that most people envy. Internalizing complaints about things that I wouldn't feel comfortable to mention in public, because I'd surely appear as a spoiled schmuck.

I may have forgotten how to enjoy some small moments, and I may have missed a few years of those self-initiated "how do you feel you are doing in your life" reflection sessions.

So guess what... that's not going to happen anymore. You shouldn't let that happen either.

The truth is that we can all be fucking awesome people when we want to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment